Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food is part of The Blue Buffalo Pet Food Company’s wilderness line of pet foods. These foods are formulated and inspired by the wolf – living in the wilderness, surviving on high-protein meats and few grains that are found in many pet food formulas. Blue Buffalo claims that their foods are filled with nature’s finest ingredients – excellent meats, fresh vegetables and whole grains and are balanced and complete. The wilderness line is a grain-free product and does not contain the highly allergenic, cheaper filler ingredients like corn and wheat.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 1,340 Kcals/kg, 476 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food averages around $31.99 for a case of 12 – 5 oz. cans.
|March 6, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food|
- Turkey – is an excellent source of protein is rich in potassium, B vitamins, calcium, and other minerals which promote overall health. Turkey is low in cholesterol and easy to digest.
- Chicken – This deboned meat is a good source of protein for dogs as well as adds great flavor. The essential amino acids help to build and support muscle and organ development.
- Chicken Broth – makes up the moisture content and is more flavorful and nutrient-rich than plain water.
- Chicken Liver – is a high-quality organ meat that is high in protein and rich in vitamin A and iron. Chicken liver is also used as a natural flavor enhancer.
- Potato Flour – Is a form of carbohydrate—not as good perhaps as whole grains, but better than corn and wheat products which are considered to be a kind of filler.
- Dicalcium Phoshpate
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Potassium Chloride
- Minerals: Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate,
- Vitamins: Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin supplement (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Biotin supplement (vitamin B7), Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Choline Chloride
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food
Anyone who owns a pet knows dogs and cats love meat. They spend much time near the dinner table at meal time. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Turkey and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food claims that meat is the first ingredient in their pet food formulas. Not meat by-products. But the real thing. It’s hard to go wrong when you have a formula that has two pet favorites – turkey and chicken. They claim that when eating this formula, your pet is sure to be pleased. Add to that their nutritional content and they believe they have the most balanced and complete pet foods available. They claim to strive to develop recipes that come from quality ingredients to meet their daily requirements for energy, growth and overall well-being. They place their blue-seal promise on each product which promises there will be no soy, wheat or corn in any recipe, nor will you find artificial preservatives, flavors or colors.
Blue may be a beneficial choice of pet food for your dog if natural ingredients is important to you. They claim to care for pets like they do family, and try to formulate foods that represent that philosophy. They also encourage you to read the food labels with understanding some important facts. For instance, what is the importance of the listed order of ingredients? How do other brands categorize their ingredients – by weight, by nutrition? Blue Buffalo claims that they provide comprehensive answers to meet all the nutritional challenges for your pet. This brand of dog food is manufactured in the USA.