Blue Buffalo brand Senior Large Breed Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is right in line with Blue Buffalo’s products, a dry pet food product aimed squarely at older dogs. Featuring luscious chicken, high quality grains like brown rice and oatmeal, and a tremendous variety of supplemental ingredients designed to facilitate your older dog’s special nutritional needs, your older pup may enjoy its later years to the fullest with this food. Let’s take a look at how Blue Buffalo brand Senior Large Breed Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food stacks up for the nutritional needs of your older canine.
Nutritional Content Information
- Protein 22.0% min
- Fat: 10.0%
- Fiber 4.5% max
- Moisture: 10.0% max
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Kcal information is vital in determining how much pet food should be given to your senior dog. In the case of Blue Buffalo Senior Large Breed Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, 414 Kcals are found in every cup of this food. 3,460 Kcals may be found in every kilogram.
Due to variations in ingredient costs, regional factors and more, an up to date price for Blue Buffalo Senior Large Breed Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food is impossible to give categorically. On average, however, consumers can expet to pay about $34 for a 15 lb. Bag of Blue Buffalo Senior Large Breed Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, or $54 for a 30 lb. Bag.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Senior Large Breed Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food|
- Deboned Chicken – is a phenomenal first ingredient for this pet food. Deboned chicken is a high quality source of protein.
- Whole Ground Barley – is an above average grain, denoting a high quality, holistic—though the definition of holistic is often fluid to food manufacturers and should never be taken for granted—grain ingredient.
- Oatmeal – is an additionally high quality kind of grain, which may contribute to heart health along with other nutritional benefits.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice – is another choice ingredient for this dry dog food. It is high in fiber and B vitamins.
- Chicken Meal – is a protein saturated ingredient, and additionally includes high quality amino acid nutrients.
Other Ingredients List
- Rice Bran
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Chicken Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)
- Natural Chicken Flavor
- Whole Potatoes
- Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene)
- Whole Carrots
- Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Barley Grass
- Dried Parsley
- Alfalfa Meal
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Chondroitin Sulfate
- Dried Chicory Root
- Oil of Rosemary
- Beta Carotene
- Calcium Carbonate
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Biotin (Vitamin B7)
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C)
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Iron Amino Acid Chelate
- Zinc Amino Acid Chelate
- Manganese Amino Acid Chelate
- Copper Amino Acid Chelate
- Choline Chloride
- Sodium Selenite
- Calcium Iodate
- Potassium Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product
- Dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product
- Dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product
Blue Buffalo does not publish AAFCO statements on its pet food products. Instead, it publishes the “True Blue Promise,” which states that no poultry by-product meals are used, no preservatives or colors, and no corn, wheat or soy. Corn, wheat and soy are often controversial ingredients that some analysts associate with dog allergies.
Blue Buffalo Senior Large Breed Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food, based simply on an analysis and review of its key ingredients, appears to be a high quality, nutritional product for feeding to older dogs. Its proteins are superior. Additional sources not discussed above include peas, which balance a favorable source of protein with potassion and fiber. The addition of cranberries and blueberries in moderation boosts the appeal of the ingredients list: these berries are packed with antioxidant cancer fighters. Overall, this product appears to meet the Blue Buffalo standard of high quality ingredients. Eating this product may be a good idea for older dogs on a stricter diet. This food is manufactured in the United States.