Blue Buffalo Lamb and Oatmeal Recipe is part of the The Blue Buffalo Pet Food Co.’s Life Protection Formula which is specially formulated with puppies in mind. They claim their food is filled with wholesome goodness that puppies love to eat. They give the lamb in the recipe the credit on both accounts. The lamb used in Blue Buffalo pet foods is New Zealand Free-Range lamb and claims to be antibiotic, hormone and steroid free.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,542 Kcals/kg, 430 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Blue for Puppies Lamb and Oatmeal Recipe Dry Food costs $18.99 for a 6 lb bag, $32.99 for a 15 lb bag, and $55.99 for a 30 lb bag.
|January 17, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Blue for Puppies Lamb and Oatmeal Recipe Dry Food|
- Deboned Lamb – The deboned lamb is a meat that is a highly digestible protein and provides essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals, and fatty acids that help develop muscle.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is a complex carbohydrate and a an excellent source for energy. This grain is chock full of B vitamins and is more easily digested than corn or wheat. Oatmeal also helps to guard against heart disease and diabetes.
- Whole Ground Barley – This ingredient is a wholesome kind of grain with an excellent source of nutrients and a good source of carbohydrates. Both the hull and the bran have been included, and it contains vitamins as wells as fiber for colon health.
- Menhaden Fish Meal (source of DHA) – This species of high quality fish is filled with the Omega 3 Fatty Acids and help to prevent coronary artery disease.
- Turkey Meal – Ground whole turkey into a protein meal
- Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols)
- Whole Ground Brown Rice
- Natural Lamb Flavor
- Whole Potatoes
- Alfalfa Meal
- Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene)
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Whole Carrots
- Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Barley Grass
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Oil of Rosemary
- Dried Chicory Root
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate,
- Potassium Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Blue for Puppies Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Food. Please refer to our glossary for more information on the importance of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) statement for Dog Nutrient Profiles.
Blue Buffalo Blue for Puppies Lamb and Oatmeal Recipe Dry Food claims their food is formulated with the highest quality of ingredients – and that in their meat recipes, the meat is always the first ingredient – not way down on the list like other kinds of pet food. They maintain that the first ingredient on the food label is always the most important one – and since ingredients are listed by weight you can count on the meat being the main ingredient. They have also chosen to add fruits and vegetables to their recipes because of the nutrient value combined with the fiber and enzyme benefits. They also claim you won’t find any soy, corn or wheat – which are considered to be allergens – in any of their food recipes. Blue Buffalo Blue for Puppies Lamb and Oatmeal Recipe Dry Food is manufactured in the USA.