The Blue Buffalo Pet Food Company claims that they love their pets like family and that they want to feed them as such—they want their pets to enjoy eating as much as they do! Their pets hang out in the office with them and they claim to strive to put the best of wholesome and nutritional ingredients available on the market in every pet food formula. They claim to stay away from the kind of lesser quality ingredients such as corn, wheat gluten, soy, eggs, preservatives, color dyes, and by products. You can find their promise stamped on every bag or can that backs up this promise. They claim to use only the most superior animal and vegetable proteins, highest quality fats, hearty complex carbohydrates and healthy vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 1,233 Kcals/kg, 462 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Beef Dinner with Garden Vegetables and Sweet Potatoes Canned Dog Food costs $28.99 for 12 – 12.5 oz cans
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Beef Dinner with Garden Vegetables and Sweet Potatoes Canned Dog Food|
- Beef, Beef Broth and Beef Liver – These high quality meat ingredients are a great source of protein, vitamin B12, selenium, iron, zinc, and other B vitamins.
- Carrots – are a great source of antioxidants and phytochemicals. Carrots are very high in beta carotene and other carotenoids. Carotenoids are antioxidants that protect eyesight, and protect against free radical damage caused by toxins in the environment.
- Peas – Peas are a good source of protein and vitamin A. They are packed with fiber which keeps cholesterol at an optimal level as well as your pet’s blood sugar levels. Peas also are a good source of potassium.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sweet potatoes are filled with potassium, B vitamins and beta carotene. They also provide carotenoids and phytochemicals and are an excellent source of antioxidants as well.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice – this ingredient provides protein and fiber from the bran portion and also has essential vitamins and minerals. Rice is a complex carbohydrate and is easy for pets to digest.
- Whole Ground Barley
- Guar Gum
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- Flaxseed (a good source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids)
- Potassium Chloride
- Vitamins: Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Biotin
- Minerals: Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Choline Chloride,
Blue Buffalo Basics Turkey and Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food passed the American Association of American Feed Control (AAFCO) feeding trials testing to ensure that it meets a pet’s nutritional needs.
Blue Buffalo Beef Dinner with Garden Vegetables and Sweet Potatoes Canned Dog Food claims to use only natural, healthy ingredients in their Homestyle recipes. They choose to use real beef and to always have it first on the ingredient list and that it is rich in amino acids. They claim to use only the most wholesome and natural whole grains—including the bran for fiber—to give your pet the energy they need every day. The bran and fiber work together to maintain digestive and colon health in your pet as well as helping to keep cholesterol levels low. Finally they claim to use healthy garden vegetables and fresh fruits to maximize the vitamin, mineral and antioxidant content of each homestyle recipe.
Blue Buffalo also claims to no do any invasive animal testing and ascertain to provide the best possible nutrition out there available for dogs and cats. They claim they do not conduct trials on animals and make their foods under the guidelines of staff veterinarians. Blue Buffalo Basics Turkey and Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food is manufacture in the USA.