Blue Basics dog food claims to be a completely natural and comprehensive canine dog food formula that helps to limit food sensitivities in dogs while giving them optimal nutrition and flavor while eating. They claim that with their food formulas, you can feed your pets with the same care you would give your family—with real meat and vegetable protein, complex and easily digestible carbohydrates and fresh vegetables. Their Blue Buffalo Basics line of pet foods limit the ingredients and carefully synergize them together to make the most of every pet food formula. They claim their products contain no by-products—neither poultry nor other meat, and that they have no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives in their pet foods.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 1,310 Kcals/kg, 457 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Basics Turkey and Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food costs $29.99 for 12 – 12.5 oz cans.
|March 6, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Basics Turkey and Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food|
- Turkey and Turkey Broth – These ingredients are an excellent source of protein and minerals such as calcium and potassium—not to mention low in cholesterol.
- Potatoes – Potatoes provide carbohydrates, B vitamins, Vitamin C, and minerals like iron and potassium.
- Pea Protein – this kind of ingredient is a good source of vegetable protein.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is another good source of carbohydrates and provides energy for your pet. It is rich in essential B vitamins as well and does not cause food hypersensitivities like corn and wheat products.
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids) – Flaxseed is one of the richest sources of the omega essential fatty acids. It has a good balance of the 3 to 6 ratio and it also contains essential vitamins and minerals required by your pets.
- Cassia Gum
- Potassium Chloride
- Guar Gum
- Vitamins: Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Basics Turkey and Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food. Please refer to our glossary for more information on the importance of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) statement for Dog Nutrient Profiles.
Blue Buffalo Basics Turkey and Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food claims that the ingredients your pet doesn’t eat are as important as the ones he does. They put their “True Blue Promise” on every package—they promise their recipe has no wheat, dairy, corn, eggs, or soy—all which can cause allergies and digestive troubles in canines. They strive to provide foods that your pet will love to eat while making them rich in nutrients that will give them a long and happy life.
Blue Buffalo has another claim to fame because of their LifeSource Bits®, which is the smaller dark-colored kibble available in their dry foods only. They claim these bits contain a specific blend of crucial vitamins and minerals, as well as antioxidants that have been selected because of their nutritional superiority maintaining optimum health at every stage of your pet’s life. The antioxidants help to fight free radical damage associated with heart disease, cancer and aging in animals as well as humans. In manufacturing their LifeSource Bits, the use a process they call “cold-formed” to preserve the strength and quality of these nutrients. The cold-formed process allows for processing at lower temperatures — thereby sustaining the integrity of the vitamins and nutrients lost in high-heat processing. Blue Buffalo Basics Turkey and Potato Recipe Canned Dog Food is manufactured in the USA.