Before Grains believes that a grain-free diet rich in protein, vegetables and fruits is the best option for your dog. This dry pork formula provides a palatable protein and nutrient-rich meal that’s free from any kind of grains, fillers, by-products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Based on its own analysis, Before Grains claims to bring your pet a superior menu designed to meet his needs for high quality protein and a host of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
A single cup of Before Grain Pork dry formula supplies about 356 calories for your pet. How much food your pet needs on a daily basis is determined by his age, size and how active he is during the day. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, consult your physician.
Through petflow.com Before Grain Pork dry formula is available in a 25.3-lb bag. This bag costs about $49 which averages to a little less than $2 per pound.
|January 17, 2013|
|Before Grain Pork Dry Dog Food|
- Pork – is the primary source of protein in this dry dog food formula. Pork is taken mainly from the flesh and muscle of the pig. It adds a unique flavor and plenty of nutrients to this tasty formula.
- Pork Meal – is an incredible source of protein and may contain even more protein content than the pork listed above. Since pork meal is a concentrated form of meat, it contains up to 300% more protein than its fresh counterpart.
- Dehydrated Potato – preserves the vital nutrients of the potato. This ingredient contains natural vegetable-based carbs along with many vitamins and minerals.
- Dried Pork Protein – provides a third source of concentrated protein. The moisture is taken out and we’re left with pure protein which is combined into these kibbles.
- Beef Fat – is a source of essential amino acids which are essential to your dog’s overall health and well-being. The fat also adds some extra flavor to this dry dog food formula.
Other Ingredients List
- Salmon Meal
- Pork Fat
- Pork Liver
- Sweet Potato Dehydrated
- Natural Pork Flavor
- Yeast Culture
- Blueberry Dried
- Sodium Phosphate
- Choline Chloride
- Organic Alfalfa
- Salmon Oil
- Zinc Amino Acid Complex
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Chicory Root
- Marigold Extract
- Rosemary Extract
- Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum fermentation product
- Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product
- Dried Lactobacillus Casei fermentation product
- Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus fermentation product
- Iron Amino Acid Complex
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Manganese Amino Acid Complex
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Copper Amino Acid Complex
- d-Calcium Pantothenate
- Vitamin D3
- Riboflavin Supplement
- Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
- Cobalt Amino Acid Complex
- Folic Acid
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Sodium Selenite
Before Grain Pork is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food nutrient profiles for all life stages.
Before Grains is a division of Merrick, premier producers of gourmet pet entrees and treats. This family-owned business was begun by a family who simply wanted to feed their dog the best food possible to keep her healthy and strong. Eighteen years ago, they submitted a prototype treats for a potential account and have been in the dog food industry ever since.
In their effort to provide nutrient-rich products, the Before Grain brand uses the most simplistic method of food processing with the fewest steps possible. By doing this, they retain as much of the natural nutrients as possible and provide a high quality product for pets all over the United States.
In review, this Before Grains dry pork formula provides dogs across the nation with premium protein products packed with vitamins, minerals and amino acids which are essential to your pet’s overall health and well-being. With raw pork, pork meal, dried pork protein, beef fat and pork fat, your pet will be well supplied with nutritious protein providing him with energy to live his active daily life.