Before Grains believes that a grain-free diet rich in protein, vegetables and fruits is the best option for your dog. This dry buffalo formula provides a palatable protein and nutrient-rich meal that’s free from any kind of grains, fillers, by-products, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. Based on its own analysis, Before Grains claims to bring your pet a superior menu designed to meet his needs for high quality protein and a host of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
A single cup of Before Grain Buffalo dry formula supplies about 383 calories for your pet. How much food your pet needs on a daily basis is determined by his age, size and how active he is during the day. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, consult your physician.
Before Grain Buffalo dry formula is available in a 6.6-lb bag, an 11.1-lb bag, and a 25.3-lb bag. The 6.6-lb bag costs about $18 which averages to a little less than $3 per pound. The 11.1-oz bag costs almost $26 which averages to about $2.50 per pound. And the 25.3-lb bag costs about $49 which is your best value, averaging a little less than $2 per pound.
|January 17, 2013|
|Before Grain Buffalo Formula Dry Dog Food 3|
- Buffalo Deboned – is the primary source of protein in this dry dog food formula. Buffalo adds a unique flavor and plenty of nutrients to this tasty formula.
- Chicken Meal – is an incredible source of protein and may contain even more protein content than the buffalo. Since chicken meal is a concentrated form of meat, it contains up to 300% more protein than fresh chicken.
- Dehydrated Potato – preserves the vital nutrients of the potato. This ingredient contains natural vegetable-based carbs along with many vitamins and minerals.
- Turkey Meal – provides yet another quality source of concentrated protein. Like chicken meal, turkey meal is a concentrated form of meat which can provide up to 3 times more protein than it’s fresh counterpart.
- Chicken Fat – contains a high percentage of linoleic acid which is an omega-6 fatty acid, essential to your dog’s health. Typically chicken fat is obtained by boiling the whole chicken in water, letting the broth cool and skimming the fat off the top.
Other Ingredients List
- Sweet Potato Dehydrated
- Natural Chicken & Pork Flavor
- Dried Egg Product
- Yeast Culture
- Blueberry Dried
- Organic Alfalfa
- Sodium Phosphate
- Salmon Oil
- Choline Chloride
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Zinc Amino Acid Complex
- Chicory Root
- Marigold Extract
- Rosemary Extract
- Dried Lactobacillus Plantarum fermentation product
- Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product
- Dried Lactobacillus Casei fermentation product
- Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus fermentation product
- Iron Amino Acid Complex
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Manganese Amino Acid Complex
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Copper Amino Acid Complex
- d-Calcium Pantothenate
- Vitamin D3
- Riboflavin Supplement
- Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
- Cobalt Amino Acid Complex
- Folic Acid
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Sodium Selenite.
Before Grain Buffalo is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO Dog Food nutrient profiles for all life stages.
Before Grains is a division of Merrick, premier producers of gourmet pet entrees and treats. This family-owned business was begun by a family who simply wanted to feed their dog the best food possible to keep her healthy and strong. Eighteen years ago, they submitted a prototype treats for a potential account and have been in the dog food industry ever since.
In their effort to provide nutrient-rich products, the Before Grain brand uses the most simplistic method of food processing with the fewest steps possible. By doing this, they retain as much of the natural nutrients as possible and provide a high quality product for pets all over the United States.
In review, this Before Grains dry buffalo formula provides dogs across the nation with premium protein products packed with vitamins, minerals and amino acids which are essential to your pet’s overall health and well-being. With raw buffalo, chicken meal, turkey meal and chicken fat, your pet will be well supplied with nutritious protein providing him with energy to live his active daily life.