Artemis brand Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food may be as pure and simple a canned dog food as is possible to create. Its simple ingredients list includes, according to the manufacturer, 95% duck meat. However, pet owners may delight in the included Vitamin and mineral premix, which promises exceptional nutritional quality in this canned dog food.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food contains 264 Kcals per can of product. Use the Kcal unit of measurement to determine how much Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food to feed your dog.
Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food might run you about $30 for a 12 pack of 13 oz. cans. The price you pay might vary according to regional and other concerns.
|March 4, 2013|
|Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food|
- Duck – is a preferable protein ingredient. It contains exceptional protein qualities, and is also relatively low in fat and cholesterol.
- Chicken broth – is nutritionally nominal, being composed mostly of water. Canned foods are typically made up mostly of water.
- Guar gum – is a vegetable-based thickening ingredient.
- Vitamins – included in this product’s premix include Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (Source of Vitamin C), Thiamine Mononitrate (Source of Vitamin B1), Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Source of Vitamin B6), Riboflavin Supplement (Source of Vitamin B2), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin D2 Supplement
- Minerals – included in this product’s premix include Zinc Sulfate, Iron Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Selenium Yeast, and Potassium Iodide.
Other Ingredients List
According to Artemis, this food meets AAFCO nutritional requirements for all stages of a dog’s life.
The strength of Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food lies in its simplicity. Many canned pet foods are loaded with vegetables, grains, and supplemental ingredients which dilute the extremely high protein content meant for a dog’s diet. This food is, according to the manufactuer, 95% duck, 5% other ingredients. And those supplemental ingredients again bring the word “simplicity” to mind: chicken broth, guar gum, and a Vitamin and mineral premix. Now this is simplicity.
Duck is a protein-packed ingredient. While it is higher in fat and cholesterol than chicken, it is rich in several Vitamins and minerals. The B Vitamins included in duck especially make this ingredient a desirable inclusion. This preferable ingredient may also be a treat for your dog to eat.
This food contains guar gum, which is used here as a thickening ingredient. It is a gluten free fiber ingredient. The inclusion of guar gum in Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food indicates careful forethought was put into the health qualities of this food.
The supplemental Vitamins and minerals included in Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog Food make this food a possibly exciting addition to your dog’s diet. Each item in Artemis’s “Osopure” canned pet foods line contains a Vitamin and mineral “premix” designed to provide an exceptional nutritional boost to the food. Vitamins included here are Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2 and Vitamin B12. Minerals supplemented include zinc sulfate, iron sulfate, copper sulfate, manganese sulfate, selenium yeast, and potassium iodide. The inclusion of this premix is indicative of the Artemis philosophy: “a holistic approach” centered on pure ingredients with supplemented Vitamins and minerals for total pet health. Overall, the ingredients list, while simple, is quite impressive.
What is the advantage of simplicity in a canned dog food? The most obvious advantage is, of course, its reflection of food “the way nature intended it.” Many who perform analysis of dog eating habits in the wild comment on the carnivorous nature of dogs. Artemis Osopure Duck Canned Dog may be closer to your dog’s natural eating habits than a more mass-produced pet food. This food is manufactured in California.