California Natural Chicken meal & Rice Formula Dry Puppy Food is made specifically for puppies through adults (from weaning through 12-18 months). This formula is designed by using a few high quality ingredients, which have been selected for the needs of growing puppies. It gives consideration to their digestibility needs as well as their nutritional needs. This diet is simply made, but nutritious. California Natural is known for their less is more approach to nutrition and their commitment to not adding artificial preservatives or additives to their diets. Another good reason to select this food to feed your puppy is that this dry puppy food is manufactured in America.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
This formula of puppy food provides 3788 kcal/kg, or 466 kcal/cup as fed.
Cost ranges from $30 for 15 lb to $49 for 30 lb.
|January 17, 2013|
|California Natural Chicken Meal and Rice Formula Dry Puppy Food|
- Chicken Meal – Chicken Meal is a desirable ingredient in puppy food, and it is the sole source of animal protein in this food. It is highly digestible and this is ideal for puppies sensitive stomachs. Chicken Meal is created by cooking the meat substance of the chicken, which is then dried, removing its water, and then it is ground. This process creates a very condensed protein source.
- Brown Rice – This ingredient is a highly digestible grain source of carbohydrates and is a great choice for puppies. Brown rice also provides some protein and fiber to this puppy food. Rice is also considered to be gluten-free which can be important for those individuals who are sensitive to this.
- Rice – This is assumed to be white rice and is still considered to be a better than average carbohydrate source for puppy and dog food. Although not as rich in nutrients a brown rice, white rice does provide some proteins, vitamins and minerals to this puppy food as well. Rice is also less likely to be involved in food allergies and so may be a good choice for those with sensitivities to other more common ingredients such as wheat and corn.
- Chicken Fat (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid) – All dog foods must have a fat source for a healthy diet. This puppy food chose to stay with chicken (same as their animal protein source) to make all the animal products come from a single source. Since it is referred to as Chicken Fat this means you can be sure that you have chicken and not any other poultry source. This can be especially important if your puppy has sensitivities to other protein sources.
- Flaxseed – Flaxseed supplies another source of fats to this diet. In addition, flaxseed is also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids which have numerous anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Sunflower Oil
- Natural Flavors
- Potassium Chloride
- Sea Salt
- Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, Betaine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Beta Carotene, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Folic Acid)
- Minerals (Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Iodate)
- Rosemary Extract
Animal feeding tests using AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) procedures substantiate that California Natural Chicken Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food provides complete and balanced nutrition for all life stages.
California Natural Chicken Meal & Rice Dry Puppy Food is a dog food that is full of ingredients that we recognize fairly easily. While many puppy foods give us a list of ingredients that sounds more like chemicals than food, California Natural puppy food provides natural, quality ingredients.
Feeding a puppy a pet food with a single animal source for the protein and fat content means it’s gentler on a less developed digestive system. Feeding fewer ingredients, and feeding natural ingredients may be easier for a puppy’s delicate system as they are transitioning from a natural diet of mother’s milk on to a dry puppy food. The ratio of protein, fat, and fiber shown in the guaranteed analysis is excellent for a growing puppy.
A review of the California Natural brand Chicken Meal and Rice puppy food shows us a food that’s full of wholesome, natural ingredients that will help your puppy to grow up healthy and strong.