If you’re searching for a diet that’s as close as possible to a dog’s natural diet, this is a food you may want to try. This American-made food comes from Kent Nutrition group, a company that’s been producing quality pet foods for 140 years. By Nature 95% Meat Grain Free Chicken Canned dog food is a great food with not even a single controversial ingredient. Your dog may benefit from the removal of grains from their diet and returning to a natural food.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
By Nature 95% Meat Grain Free Chicken Canned Dog Food contains 20 Kcal per oz. of product.
By Nature 95% Meat Grain Free Chicken Canned Dog Food costs approximately $20 for a 12 pack of 13.2 oz. cans of product. The price you pay might vary according to region or other economic factors.</</p>
|January 16, 2013|
|By Nature 95% Meat Grain free Chicken Canned Dog Food|
- Chicken – Chicken is a great ingredient for dog foods that contains a good quantity of protein along with numerous amino acids. This does include the water content of natural chicken, so be aware it’s not as high in protein as a meal-based protein source.
- Chicken broth – Broth is a low-nutrition product, but you often see it in canned foods. It does act as a flavor enhancer that dogs enjoy.
- Chicken liver – Chicken liver does provide some of the necessary fats a dog needs, along with a good quantity of protein.
- Guar gum – This is a commonly used thickening agent. It doesn’t provide nutrients, but is needed in canned variety foods.
- Cassia Gum – Another commonly used thickening agent.
Other Ingredients List
- Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide)
- Potassium Chloride
- Vitamins (Vitamin E, A, B12, D3 Supplements, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement)
- Choline Chloride
- Flaxseed Oil
The By Nature website associates no AAFCO statement with By Nature 95% Meat Grain Free Chicken Canned Dog Food.
By Nature brand 95% Meat Grain Free Chicken canned dog food is a great product to try. It has no controversial or allergenic ingredients, and is full of natural meat ingredients similar to the kind a dog would eat in the wild. This product analysis shows 95% meat, so you can be sure your pet will love eating it at every meal.
One important thing to review about this canned food is that it doesn’t have an approved AAFCO statement. That means that this food may be a great food, but it isn’t meant to be a complete nutrition diet. You will have to supplement this with another food. Many dog owners provide both a canned and dry food for their dogs. This would be a great product to do that with.
Another thing to note is how much grain is in a product. This food has no grain. Dog owners and veterinarians are finding that many dogs are sensitive to grains. If you find your dog is licking or chewing themselves, or scratching a lot without finding fleas, your dog may be allergic or overly sensitive to grains. It’s very simple to find foods that have no grains to see how your dog responds.
The last important item is that it has a couple of great ingredients down further in the list. You’ll notice inulin—this is a prebiotic. It promotes a health digestive tract by helping healthy bacteria grow. It will help your dog’s digestion. This product is reported to help many common GI (gastro-intestinal) issues in dogs. Also, you’ll see that the minerals are chelated. This means they are bound with another ingredient in such a way to make them easier to absorb. This is becoming a common practice and is an indicator of quality.
Overall, you’ll find this is a great food for supplemental feeding. Its high meat content will satisfy your dog’s cravings, and won’t upset his stomach.