We all love our pets, and in fact, many of us treat them like family. Well, that’s how the folks at Blue Buffalo claim they feel about pets, too. They even named their company after the owner’s large breed Airedale, “Blue”. Their Wilderness line of pet foods for both dogs and cats are high protein formulated that contains more of the chicken, turkey, salmon and duck your pet loves. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food claims to be by-product free and uses no artificial colors or preservatives. They also claim this grain-free dog food isn’t filled with allergens and fillers other dog formulas utilize, like corn, wheat, or soy. They claim to use only the highest quality sources for complex carbohydrates in their formula, such as potatoes and peas and sweet potatoes.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 1,268 Kcals/kg, 450 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food averages around $31.99 for a case of 12 – 5 oz. cans. This brand of dog food is manufactured in the USA.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food|
- Salmon – is an excellent source of protein and the Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. These EFA’s are proven to help skin and coat growth and development.
- Chicken -This deboned meat is a good source of protein for dogs as well as adds great flavor. The essential amino acids help to build and support muscle and organ development.
- Fish Broth – makes up the moisture content and is more flavorful and nutrient-rich than plain water.
- Potato Flour – Is a form of carbohydrate—not as good perhaps as whole grains, but better than corn and wheat products which are considered to be a kind of filler.
- Cassia Gum – Is a non-nutritive plant extract used in dog food as a gelling agent.
- Dicalcium Phoshpate
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Guar Gum
- Potassium Chloride
- Vitamins: Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Choline Chloride
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food.
Just the thought of salmon caught in the wild makes this dog food sound like a must-have palate-pleaser for your pet. Inspired by the wilderness diet of the wolf, Blue Buffalo Wilderness Salmon and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food claims that your best friend will love to eat this food – both for the flavor and the aroma of this nutrient-rich pet food formula. They have added vitamins and minerals to promote overall good pet health and state that their products are different from other healthy pet foods. They claim that Blue Buffalo formulas contain the finest natural real-foods, and that they guarantee that meat will be the first ingredient in all of their recipes. They’ve left out the allergens and claim their dog food is truly an all-natural pet food choice that is 100% grain free.
Blue Buffalo seems like they take a full interest in animal nutrition and science. They even support Pet Cancer Awareness and has established a foundation called The Blue Buffalo Foundation for Cancer Research to try to raise awareness of this #1 disease related killer of dogs and cats. They also help to raise funds for research and help to educate pet “parents” about warning signs, causes, and preventative strategies. Blue Buffalo Brand Wilderness Salmon and Chicken Grill Canned Dog Food is manufactured in the USA.