Feeding your pet the food and flavors he loves is part of the fun of being a “pet parent.” Add to that nutritionally sound, all natural food – and you may have a winner! Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food is part of Blue’s Wilderness line and claims that their formula will do just that. These pet foods are grain-free and protein rich – giving a good balance and concentration of meats your dog loves. Meats like chicken, turkey, duck and salmon. They claim these formulas were inspired by the wolves that live in the wilderness – where they get plenty of meat and the right balance of carbohydrates.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,488 Kcals/kg, 410 Kcals/cup..
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food costs approximately: 4.5 lb. bag $17.99; 11 lb. bag size – $30.99; and the 24 lb. bag size – $56.99.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food|
- Deboned Duck – The deboned duck is an excellent source of protein for dogs as well as adds flavor. The essential amino acids help to build and support muscle and organ development.
- Chicken Meal – is chicken that as a whole has been ground and usually contains a concentrated source of protein. Chicken meal is supposed to be highly digestible by dogs.
- Potato Starch – Is a form of carbohydrate—not as good perhaps as whole grains, but better than corn and wheat products which are considered to be a kind of filler.
- Turkey Meal – Is the whole turkey, rendered and cleaned and ground whole. This is considered a high-quality protein source.
- Peas – Peas are a good source of vegetable protein and vitamin A. They also are packed with fiber to help manage colon health, cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid)
- Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene)
- Natural Chicken Flavor
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Alfalfa Meal
- Whole Carrots
- Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Barley Grass
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Oil of Rosemary
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate
- Potassium Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food passed the American Association of American Feed Control (AAFCO) feeding trials testing to ensure that it meets a pet’s nutritional needs
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Duck Recipe Dry Dog Food claims to be filled with duck flavor – just like your dog loves – with the nutrition he needs. Blue Buffalo always uses the finest sources for their meat – and meat is always their first ingredient. They claim you can count on them not to use lesser protein ingredients such as chicken and poultry by-products and rendered waste products. This formula also may be beneficial because of their fresh vegetables such as sweet potatoes and whole carrots. This is where the more healthy complex carbohydrates come from rather than grains that can cause allergies in dogs and cats. The blueberries and cranberries provide rich antioxidant support. While wolves eat raw diets in the wilderness, that’s not always practical when you are preparing food for your pet. Blue Buffalo claims that this formula is a convenient replacement, and the next best thing. As a further benefit, this formula contains Blue’s patented LifeSource Bits® which contain additional antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to support overall immune health and well being.