Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food is formulated especially with high protein low carbohydrate food that contains lots of chicken, and is patterned after the diet of wolves living in the wilderness. These carnivores demand lots of meat-type protein for their active lifestyle coupled with complex carbohydrates to give them energy and body warmth for frigid winters. The folks at Blue Buffalo hope to emulate these benefits to help your pet stay healthy and active for years to come. They claim their foods are filled with the goodness of nature: real meat, whole grains, and wholesome vegetables. This product is grain-free and gets its carbohydrates from potatoes and vegetables rather than grains.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,489 Kcals/kg, 410 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food retails for approximately $30.99 for the 11 lb bag; $56.99 for the 24 lb.bag.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food|
- Deboned Chicken – The deboned chicken is a good source of protein for dogs as well as adds flavor. The essential amino acids help to build and support muscle and organ development.
- Chicken Meal – is chicken that as a whole has been ground and usually contains a concentrated source of protein. Chicken meal is supposed to be highly digestible by dogs.
- Potato Starch – Is a form of carbohydrate—not as good perhaps as whole grains, but better than corn and wheat products which are considered to be a kind of filler.
- Turkey Meal – Is the whole turkey, rendered and cleaned and ground whole. This is considered a high-quality protein source.
- Peas – Peas are a good source of vegetable protein and vitamin A. They also are packed with fiber to help manage colon health, cholesterol and blood sugar.
- Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid)
- Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene)
- Natural Chicken Flavor
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Alfalfa Meal
- Whole Carrots
- Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Barley Grass
- Dried Parsley
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Oil of Rosemary
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate
- Potassium Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food.
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food claims to be rich in protein and grain free, while giving your pet the meat flavor and aroma he loves to eat. Blue Buffalo also adds their patented LifeSource Bits® to this formula which provides antioxidant-rich foods that enhances immune function to fight off free radical damage to cells associated with aging in pets. These special immune enhancers are selected by holistic vets and nutritionists that specialize in pet nutrition and are cold-processed to help to retain original potency of their vitamins and minerals. They also claim this formula is a sensible replacement for naturally raw diets found in the true wilderness.
Blue Buffalo might be a beneficial option for pet food if you are looking for a quality food that uses quality ingredients. Dogs traditionally like chicken – even the most finicky of eaters. Add to that Blue’s promise on every package that claims there are no artificial colors, preservatives or flavors in any of their recipes and you have a distinctive combination. Blue Buffalo Brand Wilderness Chicken Recipe Dry Dog Food is manufactured in the USA.