Blue Buffalo Longevity For Puppies Dry Dog Food claims to be the first step in a lifelong series of specialized food formulas to promote longevity in your pet. Of course—that’s what we all want. Few things in life bring as much joy as a puppy romping and frolicking around, and then developing into our version of “man’s best friend” as time goes on. The Longevity line promises to impact his overall health by providing the proper nutrition in just the right calorie density—while giving him the energy he needs to keep him fit and strong.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,537 Kcals/kg, 367.3 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Longevity For Puppies Dry Dog Food costs around $27.99 for a 9 lb bag, $47.99 for a 24 lb bag.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Longevity For Puppies Dry Dog Food|
- Whitefish – Whitefish is non-rendered cleaned whitefish meat. This meat is an excellent source of protein and minerals that include selenium. An added plus is whitefish is low in sodium.
- Menhaden Fish Meal – this high quality species of fish is high in protein and omega 3 EFA’s. These EFA’s help to prevent coronary artery disease (CAD) and is associated with improved overall immune health and aids in anti-inflammatory processes.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice – A perfect choice for pets, this kind of complex carbohydrate is easier for them to digest than other carbohydrates, such as corn and wheat. The bran portion provides essential B vitamins and has plenty of fiber to promote good colon health.
- Whole Ground Barley – This ingredient is a wholesome kind of grain with an excellent source of nutrients and a good source of carbohydrates. Both the hull and the bran have been included, and it contains vitamins as wells as fiber for colon health.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is another good source of carbohydrates and provides energy for your pet. It is rich in essential B vitamins as well and does not cause food hypersensitivities like other kinds of grain products.
- Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid)
- Rice Bran
- Natural Fish Flavor
- Oat Bran
- Tomatoes (source of Lycopene)
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids)
- Barley Grass
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Sunflower Oil (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids)
- Herring Oil (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids)
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Proteinate (source of chelated cobalt), Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate
- Dried Chicory Root
- Black Malted Barley
- Choline Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
Blue Buffalo Longevity For Puppies Dry Dog Food passed the American Association of American Feed Control (AAFCO) feeding trials testing to ensure that it meets a pet’s nutritional needs.
Blue Buffalo Longevity For Puppies Dry Dog Food claims that if you overfeed your puppy you will increase their overall number of fat cells which will make them more susceptible to obesity when they are adult dogs on into maturity. They also claim that even as little as five pounds extra weight will increase their risk of developing serious illnesses over time. Puppies love to eat, and even if they aren’t overweight—a food formula that is rich in nutrients, wholesome ingredients, and vitamins and minerals will go a long way to keeping them lean and healthy their whole life. Blue Buffalo Longevity For Puppies Dry Dog Food is manufactured in the USA.