Senior dogs have special health needs and requirements—they begin to slow down and put on extra weight as they age—and The Blue Buffalo Pet Food Company believes that they have designed foods specifically formulated to meet those needs. They claim that real meat—not processed, rendered, and by-product types of meat are used in their products—and since ingredients are usually listed by weight, they guarantee that meat will always be the first ingredient in their pet food formulas. Face it, we all want our pets with us as long as possible, and Blue Buffalo claims their food will help do just that.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,172 Kcals/kg, 330.5 Kcals/cup.
|March 6, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Longevity For Mature Dogs Dry Dog Food|
- Whitefish – Whitefish is non-rendered cleaned whitefish meat. This meat is an excellent source of protein and minerals that include selenium. An added plus is whitefish is low in sodium.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice – A perfect choice for pets, this kind of complex carbohydrate is easier for them to digest than other carbohydrates, such as corn and wheat. The bran portion provides essential B vitamins and has plenty of fiber to promote good colon health.
- Menhaden Fish Meal – this high quality species of fish is high in protein and omega 3 EFA’s. These EFA’s help to prevent coronary artery disease (CAD) and is associated with improved overall immune health and aids in anti-inflammatory processes.
- Whole Ground Barley – This ingredient is a wholesome kind of grain with an excellent source of nutrients and a good source of carbohydrates. Both the hull and the bran have been included, and it contains vitamins as wells as fiber for colon health.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is another good source of carbohydrates and provides energy for your pet. It is rich in essential B vitamins as well and does not cause food hypersensitivities like other kinds of grain products.
- Rice Bran
- Natural Fish Flavor
- Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid)
- Oat Bran
- Tomatoes (source of Lycopene)
- Glucosamine Hydrchloride
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids)
- Barley Grass
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Sunflower Oil (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids)
- Herring Oil (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids)
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Dicalcium Phosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Proteinate (source of chelated cobalt), Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate
- Dried Chicory Root
- Black Malted Barley
- Choline Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Longevity For Mature Dogs Dry Dog Food Please refer to our glossary for more information on the importance of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) statement for Dog Nutrient Profiles.
Blue Buffalo Longevity For Mature Dogs Dry Dog Food claims to be the right kind of food to help your pet have the mobility and health they deserve for a long time. They claim their foods do all this and are delicious too. The mature food has lower calories but is rich in food and nutrients—providing eating satisfaction for your dog, yet helps to prevent excess weight gain. Joint health is a particular problem in older dogs, and Blue Buffalo addresses this problem they claim, by providing plenty of Omega 3 and Omega 6 Fatty acids and amino acids which are the building blocks for healthy everything: coat, teeth, bones, joints and muscle tone.