The Blue Buffalo Pet Food Company claims that their Longevity line of dog foods for puppies, adult dogs and mature dogs will help your dogs to live long and healthy lives. The adult formula is for our “best friend” who may be carrying around a few extra pounds in his adult years. And because we want to keep our pal around for a long time to come, Blue Buffalo claims that this formula will help them do that with its nutrient-rich content which gives optimal amount of calories that will keep them fit while satisfying their demanding canine palate.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,384 Kcals/kg, 354 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Longevity For Adult Dog Dry Dog Food costs around $16.99 for a 4 lb bag, $27.99 for a 9 lb bag, and $53.99 for a 24 lb bag.
|March 6, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Longevity For Adult Dog Dry Dog Food|
- Whitefish – Whitefish is non-rendered cleaned whitefish meat. This meat is an excellent source of protein and minerals that include selenium. An added plus is whitefish is low in sodium.
- Menhaden Fish Meal – This high quality species of fish is high in protein and omega 3 EFA’s. These EFA’s help to prevent coronary artery disease (CAD) and is associated with improved overall immune health and aids in anti-inflammatory processes.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice – A perfect choice for pets, this kind of complex carbohydrate is easier for them to digest than other carbohydrates, such as corn and wheat. The bran portion provides essential B vitamins and has plenty of fiber to promote good colon health.
- Whole Ground Barley – This ingredient is a wholesome kind of grain with an excellent source of nutrients and a good source of carbohydrates. Both the hull and the bran have been included, and it contains vitamins as wells as fiber for colon health.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is another good source of carbohydrates and provides energy for your pet. It is rich in essential B vitamins as well and does not cause food hypersensitivities while eating like other kinds of grain products.
- Whole Potatoes
- Rice Bran
- Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid)
- Natural Fish Flavor
- Oat Bran
- Tomatoes (source of Lycopene)
- Glucosamine Hydrchloride
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids)
- Barley Grass
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Sunflower Oil (source of Omega 6 Fatty Acids)
- Herring Oil (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids)
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Calcium Phosphate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Proteinate (source of chelated cobalt), Calcium Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate
- Dried Chicory Root
- Black Malted Barley
- Choline Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Longevity For Adult Dog Dry Dog Food
Blue Buffalo Longevity For Adult Dog Dry Dog Food claims that this recipe will satisfy your pet’s hunger, while at the same time prevent them from gaining too much weight. This formula is supposed to support an adult dog’s specific health needs such as providing building blocks for muscle, keeping their immune system healthy, giving them energy and promoting an active lifestyle, and give them strong bones and teeth, as well as healthy skin and a shiny coat. They have included their LifeSource Bits® kibble in this formula which adds antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, and many of the essential fatty acids and amino acids required by adult dogs.