Owners of smaller breed dogs may find a lot to love about Blue Buffalo brand’s Homestyle Recipe Small Breed Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables and Brown Rice Canned Dog Food. With a seemingly stellar cocktail of ingredients specially designed to provide superior nutrition for a healthy small dog’s diet, this product uses, according to the company, high quality proteins, grains and vegetable ingredients to promote long term health for the eating needs of our tiny friends.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Kcal benchmark is designed as a broad indicator for easily determining how much dog food should be served to a canine. In the case of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food, the product contains 455 Kcals per can, or 1,213 Kcals per kilogram of food.
Various economic and regional factors make it impossible to provide an accurate, up to the minute price of this pet food. However, on average, a consumer may expect to pay about $40 for 24 cans of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Small Breed Chicken Dinner w/Garden Vegetables & Brown Rice Canned Dog Food in 5.5 oz servings.
|January 16, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Small Breed Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables & Brown Rice Canned Dog Food|
- Chicken – is, according to the vast majority of analysts, a high quality ingredient to feed your dog. Blue Buffalo claims that the chicken used in this product comes from facilities inspected by the USDA, implying a higher quality of meat than used in other dog foods.
- Chicken broth – is liquified chicken product mixed with water. As water makes up for most of the content in canned dog food, this ingredient’s inclusion at the number two spot is no surprise.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice – represents a superior grain ingredient, easy for your dog to digest and supplemental for overall digestive health.
- Egg – contains esential proteins and fatty acids. The nutritional quality of eggs has historically been the source of much back and forth controversy.
- Whole Ground Barley – is another higher-than-expected quality included grain. It contains high fiber content for canine diets.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Guar Gum
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Salmon Oil (source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids)
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Cassia Gum
- Potassium Chloride
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Thiamine Mononitrate (Vitamin B1)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Biotin (Vitamin B7)
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Calcium Ascorbate (source of Vitamin C)
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Iron Amino Acid Chelate
- Zinc Amino Acid Chelate
- Copper Amino Acid Chelate
- Manganese Amino Acid Chelate
- Sodium Selenite
- Calcium Iodate
- Choline Chloride
Blue Buffalo publishes no AAFCO statement relating to this product.
Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Small Breed Chicken Dinner w/Garden Vegetables & Brown Rice Canned Dog Food, manufactured in the United States, is designed as a high protein, high vegetable food product for smaller dogs. Its main ingredient, chicken, implies a higher quality protein than is found in many less premium dog foods. While this dog food product contains a large number of grain ingredients, it is also loaded with vitamin supplements, blueberries and cranberries, and other unique ingredients.
While blueberries and cranberries may appear to be an unusual ingredient in dog food, these super berries, according to the analysis of many, are loaded with antioxidants that may be anticarcinogenic. Eating small portions of these berries may be beneficial for canines. A review of this kind of product, as well as most products from Blue Buffalo, should mention this fact.