Blue Buffalo’s Homestyle Recipe canned pet food products represent, according to the company, an ideal nutritional balance for a variety of dog breeds. The ingredients list definitely suggests careful thought and care was put into designing optimal pet nutrition for a large production dog food. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Lamb Dinner Canned Dog Food represents the lamb portion of its canned dog food product line.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Designed to provide a simple way for thinking pet owners to design serving sizes, Kcal provides benchmark information for measuring essential nutrition in a pet food. In the case of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Lamb Dinner Canned Dog Food, one can of this food measures 425 Kcal, or 1,198 Kcal per kilogram.
It is nearly impossible to provide an accurate, universal price for a dog food products. Prices may fluctuate due to regional concerns, inflation, or other factors. Therefore we can only provide a very broad estimate of this product’s cost. On average, a 12 pack of Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Lamb Dinner Canned Dog Food from Blue Buffalo costs $32. The cans contain 12.5 oz of dog food per can.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Lamb Dinner Canned Dog Food|
- Lamb – when served to canines in optimal conditions, provides a nutritionally superior component in dog food. Lamb has unusually high water content. Blue Buffalo claims the lamb used in this product comes from free range lambs in New Zealand, and is optimal for nutritional feeding.
- Lamb broth – is a kind of cocktail of lamb meat components and water. It may account for the water content in this dog food, as most canned dog foods are composed mostly of water.
- Lamb liver – may further account for water content in this canned dog food. This kind of ingredient may also be used as a flavor booster.
- Carrots – are high in carotene. Studies have shown that carotene in carrots may help slow macular degeneration, or the loss of eyesight.
- Peas – are high in protein as well as Vitamin A. Blue Buffalo claims this component contains potassium as well, helping to ensure prolonged pet health.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Whole Ground Brown Rice
- Whole Ground Barley
- Lamb Meal
- Guar Gum
- Potassium Chloride
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Zinc Amino Acid Chelate
- Iron Amino Acid Chelate
- Copper Amino Acid Chelate
- Manganese Amino Acid Chelate
- Sodium Selenite
- Calcium Iodate
- Choline Chloride
Blue Buffalo’s conformity to AAFCO standards is unknown. No official AAFCO statement exists on the Blue Buffalo website.
Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Lamb Dinner Canned Dog Food, upon analysis, contains a number of ingredients and nutrients that appear to be superior to the average, store bought dog food, and a superior choice for a dog diet. Blue Buffalo’s approach to pet nutrition claims to be natural and holistic. On review, the inclusion of what the company says is free range lamb meat would imply a superior source of protein for canines to eat.
The use of lamb as a main ingredien may be a source of concern to some, who cite that the high water content of lamb as a possible nutritional detriment. It appears, however, that the meat contained in this pet food is of above average quality.
Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Lamb Dinner Canned Dog Food appears, overall, to be a superior dog food product, reflective of the notably high quality reputation of the Blue Buffalo brand. This food is manufactured in the United States.