Blue Buffalo advertises its food as holistic, natural and superior in quality. Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food certainly seems to reflect that reputation. With an ingredients list that appears to be heftily nutritious, the components of this canned dog food may be of tremendous nutritional benefit to your pup.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Kcal benchmark is designed as a broad indicator for easily determining the suggested serving portion for dog food. In the case of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food, the product contains 455 Kcals per can, or 1,213 Kcals per kilogram of food.
Pet food costs vary according to region, and the benchmark cost may vary due to a number of factors, including inflation, varying ingredient prices, shipping costs to particular regions, etc. It is therefore only possible to give a benchmark price for Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food. Typically, a 12 pack of 12.5oz. cans of Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food costs about $30.
|March 6, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food|
- Chicken – according to many sources, is a highly desirable kind of main ingredient in pet food. It contains numerous amino acids, minerals, fatty acids, and nutrients essential to your pet’s well-being. That chicken is listed as the first ingredient in this dog food is very promising.
- Chicken broth – is essentially water with liquified chicken components. Most canned dog foods are composed mainly of water, which is no doubt represented here by chicken broth. How much water and how much protein content is contained in this ingredient is indeterminable.
- Chicken Liver – is packed with Vitamin A, Iron, and other nutrients. Blue Buffalo claims to use chicken liver as a natural flavor enhancer.
- Carrots – are known as one of nature’s greatest sources of carotene, a known preventer of macular degeneration, or eyesight loss. Carrots also contain dietary fiber.
- Peas – are deeply appreciated by analysts, as a dog food health booster. This item adds a slight protein boost, and is high in fiber.
- Sweet Potatoes
- Whole Ground Brown Rice
- Whole Ground Barley
- Guar Gum
- Potassium Chloride
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Niacin (Vitamin B3)
- d-Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5)
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)
- Zinc Amino Acid Chelate
- Iron Amino Acid Chelate
- Copper Amino Acid Chelate
- Manganese Amino Acid Chelate
- Sodium Selenite
- Calcium Iodate
- Choline Chloride
Blue Buffalo lists no AAFCO statements on its website. No information regarding Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food’s conformity to AAFCO nutritional standards is available at this time.
Blue Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food, upon analysis, is composed of a large set of ingredients that appear very inviting to pet owners that want to feed their pets only the best. With known healthy proteins listed as main ingredients, this pet food’s ingredients appear to be supplemented with unique and carefully chosen ingredients that may provide for often overlooked pet nutritional needs. The inclusion of cranberries and carrots is unique. Cranberries are a classified “superberry,” packed with antioxidants that fight free radicals and may be a cancer preventer in dogs. Eating a limited amount of cranberry content in dog food may be beneficial. Carrots are regarded as an extremely beneficial ingredient, containing some of the highest beta carotene of any vegetable. Many carrot-based dog food supplements are sold individually. The above listed benefits of carotene may provide canines with a longer, healthier life in the long term.
Overall, a review of Buffalo Homestyle Recipe Chicken Dinner Canned Dog Food indicates that this product appears to be a well-designed, nutritious canned dog food for a variety of dog breeds. It is manufactured in the United States.