Bill and Jackie Bishop established their company—The Blue buffalo Co., primarily because of their dog, ”Blue”. Blue is their pet Airedale which has battled a long history of eating and digestive issues as well as other health problems through the years. This compelled the Bishops to take critical interest in animal health and nutrition—which would eventually lead them to produce dog and cat food. They affirm their pet foods have ingredients that are rich in nutrients and antioxidants and that they contain the highest of quality meat and vegetable proteins and whole, unrefined grains. They’ve labeled their blend of nourishing ingredients – LifeSource Bits®. This Blue Basics with LifeSource Bits® provides your pet with the wholesome nutrition combined with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that bring oxidative balance to his life.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,553 Kcals/kg, 377 Kcals/cup.
Blue Buffalo Basics Salmon and Potato Dry Dog Food costs $30.99 for an 11 lb bag, $53.99 for a 24 lb bag.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Basics Salmon and Potato Dry Dog Food|
- Deboned Salmon and Salmon Meal – Salmon provides excellent protein and omega fatty acids. Omega fatty acids help to keep the skin and coat shiny and healthy.
- Potatoes – Potatoes provide carbohydrates, B vitamins, Vitamin C, and minerals like iron and potassium.
- Peas – are an excellent source of vegetable protein and vitamin A, plus lots of fiber for colon health.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice - Brown Rice is a kind of complex carbohydrate that is easily digested by dogs. The bran provides essential B vitamins, fiber and minerals.
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids) – Flaxseed is one of the richest sources of the omega fatty acids. They have a good balance of the 3 to 6 ratio and it also contains essential vitamins and minerals required by your pets.
- Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols – a source of vitamin E)
- Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene)
- Natural Fish Flavor
- Whole Carrots Blueberries
- Barley Grass
- Dried Parsley
- Alfalfa Meal
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Oil of Rosemary
- Dried Chicory Root
- Calcium Carbonate
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate
- Potassium Chloride
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Basics Salmon and Potato Dry Dog Food. Please refer to our glossary for more information on the importance of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) statement for Dog Nutrient Profiles.
Blue Buffalo’s nutrition philosophy states that they love their pets “like family, and feed them like family”. They further claim that their goal is to create the most nutritious and healthy food possible—which will result in happier pets—which will result in happier owners.
Blue Buffalo Basics Salmon and Potato Dry Dog Food claims their food has three essential components to their pet food recipe: High quality proteins—from tasty whitefish to chicken and these building blocks give them the essential amino acids pets need every day; healthy vegetables—sweet potatoes, whole carrots and peas are only three of the nutritious and vitamin-rich vegetables they claim are in every bite; and wholesome grains which are not only rich and fiber they are more easily digested than corn and wheat products and gives them the complex carbohydrates they need for energy. Blue Buffalo Basics Salmon and Potato Dry Dog Food is manufactured in the USA.