The Blue Buffalo Pet Food Company claims to be just like you – the consumer – in that they love their pets! And because of their love for pets they have developed a line of pet foods that they claim are the most nutritious and wholesome, all natural foods on the pet food market. Their formulas contain what they have named LifeSource Bits®, which in essence are enhanced nutrients that include antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that bring immunity health and balance to your pets when eating this formula.
Nutritional Content Information
- Crude Protein: (min.) 26.0%
- Crude Fat: (min.) 14.0%
- Crude Fiber: (max.) 4.0 %
- Moisture: (max.) 10.0%
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
The Metabolizable Energy (ME) calculated as how much fed is as follows: 3,642 Kcals/kg, 435 Kcals/cup.
|February 7, 2013
|Blue Buffalo Adult Small Breed Fish and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food
- Deboned Whitefish – The deboned whitefish is non-rendered cleaned whitefish meat. This meat is an excellent source of protein and minerals. An added plus is whitefish is low in sodium.
- Whole Ground Barley – This ingredient is a wholesome kind of grain with an excellent source of nutrients and a good source of carbohydrates. Both the hull and the bran have been included, and it contains vitamins as wells as fiber for colon health.
- Oatmeal – Oatmeal is another good kind of complex carbohydrates and provides energy for your pet. It is rich in essential B vitamins as well and does not cause food hypersensitivities like corn and wheat products.
- Turkey Meal – is turkey that as a whole has been ground (rendered) and usually contains a concentrated source of protein. Chicken meal is supposed to be highly digestible by dogs.
- Menhaden Fish Meal – this high quality species of fish is high in protein and omega 3 EFA’s. These EFA’s help to prevent coronary artery disease (CAD) and is associated with improved overall immune health and aids in anti-inflammatory processes.
- Whole Ground Brown Rice
- Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols)
- Flaxseed (source of Omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids)
- Natural Fish Flavor
- Whole Potatoes
- Tomato Pomace (source of Lycopene)
- Whole Carrots
- Whole Sweet PotatoesBlueberries
- Barley Grass
- Dried Parsley
- Alfalfa Meal
- Dried Kelp
- Yucca Schidigera Extract
- Glucosamine Hydrchloride
- Chicken Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols)
- Dried Chicory Root
- Oil of Rosemary
- Vitamins: Beta Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (vitamin B1), Riboflavin (vitamin B2), Niacin (vitamin B3), d-Calcium Pantothenate (vitamin B5), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Biotin (vitamin B7), Folic Acid (vitamin B9), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Calcium Ascorbate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement
- Minerals: Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Choline Chloride, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate
- Potassium Chloride
- Calcium Carbonate
- Dried Yeast (source of Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Dried Lactobacillus (acidophilus fermentation product)
- Dried Bacillus (subtilis fermentation product)
- Dried Enterococcus (faecium fermentation product)
No AAFCO Statement could be found for Blue Buffalo Adult Small Breed Fish and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food. Please refer to our glossary for more information on the importance of the Association of American Feed Control Officials (AAFCO) statement for Dog Nutrient Profiles.
Blue Basic foods claim to include the finest in all-natural ingredients in their food formulas combined with unparalleled nutrition. They claim have the an almost-perfect balance of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals, and water to augment your pets daily requirements for growth, energy and overall excellent health.
Blue Basics encourages you to read and understand pet food labels–so you know exactly what you are feeding your pet. Blue also is dedicated to help eradicate cancer in pets–which is the #1 disease-related cause of death in both dogs and cats. They have established the “Blue Buffalo Foundation for Cancer Research,” which helps to raise monies, as well as raise awareness about pet cancers and causes and educate pet-owners about this deadly disease. Blue Buffalo Adult Small Breed Fish and Brown Rice Dry Dog Food is manufactured in the USA.