Blue Buffalo brand products are designed to deliver high-quality ingredients in the tastiest form possible for your pet. The Blue Buffalo Adult Lamb and Brown Rice Recipe is a dry dog food designed to supply the vitamins and minerals that adult dogs need. Blue Buffalo feels that your dog will definitely enjoy the delicious tastes of lamb, whole grain brown rice and vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, and peas.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Blue Buffalo Adult Lamb and Brown Rice Recipe contains about 419 calories per cup of dry dog food. You can find serving size information on the dog food packaging to help determine how much food your dog needs to eat each day. For dogs up to 15 lbs, you’ll feed anywhere from 1/4 cup to 1-1/4 cup of dog food. Dogs weighing more than 100 lbs will need to consume at least 4-1/2 cups every day. Blue Buffalo recommends one meal per day for small breeds and two meals per day for medium and large breeds. The kibbles can be served dry or soften with warm water. If you have any questions about your dog’s diet, contact your veterinarian.
Blue Buffalo Adult Lamb and Brown Rice Recipe is available in 6-lb, 15-lb and 30-lb bags. The 6-lb bag costs about $18 which averages out to about $3 per pound. The 15-lb bag costs about $33 which averages to a little over $2 per pound, and the 30-lb bag costs almost $56 which averages to less than $2 per pound.
|March 5, 2013|
|Blue Buffalo Adult Lamb and Brown Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food|
- Deboned Lamb – provides the primary source of protein for this dog food blend. The meat is taken from various parts of the lamb, and deboned indicates that all the bones are removed before processing, so no ground bones will be included.
- Oatmeal – is an incredibly nutritious whole grain. As with many other kinds of grains, oatmeal is easily digested after it’s cooked.
- Whole Ground Barley – provides another easily digestible and nutrition whole grain.
- Menhaden Fish Meal – is an excellent source of both protein and Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids provide essential nutrients that your pet needs.
- Whole Grain Brown Rice – is also an easy grain to digest.
- natural lamb flavor
- whole potatoes
- canola oil
- alfalfa meal
- tomato pomace
- sunflower oil
- whole carrots
- whole sweet potatoes
- barley grass
- dried parsley
- dried kelp
- yucca schidigera extract
- glucosamine hydrochloride
- oil of rosemary
- dried chicory root
- beta carotene
- calcium carbonate
- dicalcium phosphate
- vitamin A supplement
- thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1)
- riboflavin (vitamin B2)
- niacin (vitamin B3)
- d-calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5)
- pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6)
- biotin (vitamin B7)
- folic acid (vitamin B9)
- vitamin B12 supplement
- calcium ascorbate
- vitamin D3 supplement
- vitamin E supplement
- iron amino acid chelate
- zinc amino acid chelate
- manganese amino acid chelate
- copper amino acid chelate
- choline chloride
- sodium selenite
- calcium iodate
- potassium chloride
- dried yeast
- dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product
- dried bacillus subtilis fermentation product
- dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product
An AAFCO statement could not be found for this product.
Blue Buffalo Lamb and Brown Rice Recipe is part of Blue Buffalo’s Life Protection dry dog food line. In review, its high-quality protein supports muscle development, wholesome grains provide energy for an everyday active lifestyle, glucosamine supports joint health, omega fatty acids help you dog grow a shiny coat and healthy skin, while calcium, phosphorus and vitamin A help grow strong bones and teeth.
Blue Buffalo dry dog food products contain their signature LifeSource bits. LifeSource bits are small, dark kibbles that contain a blend of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants formulated to provide immune system support, nutritional requirements for all life stages, and a healthy oxidative balance. Nutritional analysis done by Blue Buffalo indicates these LifeSource bits are a beneficial addition to any dog’s diet. Blue Buffalo’s “Cold-Formed” Processing captures the nutritional potency of each ingredient, providing your pet with an incredible source of necessary vitamins and minerals.