Before Grain’s salmon entrée is packed full of protein, vitamins, minerals, and omega-6 fatty acids that provide a complete and balanced diet for your pet. In their goal to feed your pet the highest quality of food, Before Grain includes no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or by-products. Through its own analysis, Before Grain claims to bring your pet a superior menu designed to meet his need for high quality protein and a host of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Before Grain 96% Salmon Formula provides your dog with 338 calories in each 13.2-oz can of dog food. How much food your dog eats each day will be determined by the size and activity level of your pet. If you have any questions regarding your dog’s daily diet, consult your physician.
Through Petflow.com you can purchase a 12-count case of Before Grains 96% Salmon Formula 13.2-oz cans for almost $29 per case. This averages to about $2.40 per can.
|January 17, 2013
|Before Grain 96% Salmon Formula Canned Dog Food ”2”
- Salmon – is the primary protein for this canned dog food. Salmon is a fatty fish which lives in the fresh water of streams and lakes. In addition to high quality protein salmon provides your pet with essential omega-3 fatty acids which are needed in every dog’s diet for him to be healthy and strong.
- Water – or broth fulfill the moisture content needed for every canned dog food formula. This formula includes water, providing the 78% moisture content required for this canned formula.
- Whitefish – provides a second source of high quality protein. Whitefish is another fatty protein-rich freshwater fish which is native to the Northern United States and Canada. In addition to protein, Whitefish provides your pet with ten essential amino acids which he needs to be lead a healthy life.
- Dried Egg – provides an easily digested source of protein. The shells are taken off the eggs and the eggs white and yolk are dried before being added to the dog food formula.
- Yeast Extract – is most likely included in order to enhance the flavor of this formula. It’s also used to strengthen your pet’s immune system. Though there is some controversy over this ingredient, the USFDA recognizes the safety of yeast extract as a food additive in dog food.
Other Ingredients List
- Calcium Carbonate
- Sodium Phosphate
- Potassium Chloride
- Choline Chloride
- Mixed Tocopherols
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Zinc Amino Acid Complex
- Iron Amino Acid Complex
- Manganese Amino Acid Complex
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Copper Amino Acid Complex
- d-Calcium Pantothenate
- Vitamin A Acetate
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Riboflavin Supplement
- Folic Acid
- Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide
- Cobalt Glucoheptanate
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Sodium Selenite
This product is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO dog nutrient profile for all life stages.
Before Grains is a division of Merrick, premier producers of gourmet pet entrees and treats. This family-owned business was begun by a family who simply wanted to feed their dog the best food possible to keep her healthy and strong. Eighteen years ago, they submitted a prototype treats for a potential account and have been in the dog food industry ever since.
In their effort to provide nutrient-rich products, the Before Grain brand uses the most simplistic method of food processing with the fewest steps possible. By doing this, they retain as much of the natural nutrients as possible and provide a high quality product for pets all over the United States.
In review, this Before Grains salmon formula provides dogs across the nation with premium protein products packed with vitamins and minerals essential to your pet’s health and daily welfare. The salmon and whitefish ingredients in this product also provide your pet with two natural sources of ten essential amino acids and omega-3 fatty acids, all in a tasteful concoction that Before Grain’s guarantees your pet will enjoy!