Before Grain’s chicken entrée is packed full of protein, vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that provide a complete and balanced diet for your pet. In their goal to feed your pet the highest quality of food, Before Grain includes no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or by-products. Through its own analysis, Before Grain claims to bring your pet a superior menu designed to meet his need for high quality protein and a host of nutritional vitamins and minerals.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Before Grain 96% Chicken Formula provides your dog with 374 calories in each 13.2-oz can of dog food. How much food your dog eats each day will be determined by the size and activity level of your pet. If you have any questions regarding your dog’s daily diet, consult your physician.
Through Petflow.com you can purchase a 12-count case of 13.2-oz cans for almost $30 per case. This averages to about $2.50 per can.
|January 17, 2013|
|Before Grain 96% Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food ”1”|
- Chicken – provides you dog with an excellent amount of high-quality protein. The chicken included in this dog food represents a combination of both the flesh and skin which come from various parts of the chicken. Besides providing protein, chicken meat and fat are also rich in at least ten amino acids which are essential to your dog’s health.
- Chicken Broth – adds little to the nutritional value of this canned product. Since the largest percentage of ingredients in canned food is moisture-rich water or broth, this chicken broth adds that essential moisture as well as rich flavor which accompanies the chicken meat.
- Dried Egg – provides an easily digested source of protein. The shells are taken off the eggs and the eggs white and yolk are dried before being added to the dog food formula.
- Yeast Extract – is most likely included in order to enhance the flavor of this formula. It’s also used to strengthen your pet’s immune system. Though there is some controversy over this ingredient, the USFDA recognizes the safety of yeast extract as a food additive in dog food.
- Calcium Carbonate – provides an excellent source of calcium which is absorbed into your pet’s bones and teeth, keeping them healthy and strong.
Other Ingredients List
- Sodium Phosphate
- Potassium Chloride
- Choline Chloride
- Mixed Tocopherols
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Zinc Amino Acid Complex
- Iron Amino Acid Complex
- Manganese Amino Acid Complex
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Copper Amino Acid Complex
- d-Calcium Pantothenate
- Vitamin A Acetate
- Vitamin D3 Supplement
- Riboflavin Supplement
- Folic Acid
- Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide
- Cobalt Glucoheptanate
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Sodium Selenite
This product is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO dog nutrient profile for all life stages.
Before Grains is a division of Merrick, premier producers of gourmet pet entrees and treats. This family-owned business was begun by a family who simply wanted to feed their dog the best food possible to keep her healthy and strong. Eighteen years ago, they submitted a prototype treats for a potential account and have been in the dog food industry ever since.
In their effort to provide nutrient-rich products, the Before Grain brand uses the most simplistic method of food processing with the fewest steps possible. By doing this, they retain as much of the natural nutrients as possible and provide a high quality product for pets all over the United States.
In review, this Before Grains chicken formula provides dogs across the nation with premium protein products packed with vitamins and minerals essential to your pet’s health and daily welfare. The chicken in this product also provides your pet with a natural source of ten essential amino acids, all in a tasteful concoction that Before Grain’s guarantees your pet will enjoy!