Dogs with allergies or health issues may benefit from AvoDerm brand Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food. AvoDerm is one of the most important all-natural dog food manufacturers out there, and this product is unique and innovative: a nearly holistic, nutritious pet food alternative that contains no animal proteins. Using healthy alternatives like soybeans, peas and barley, this premium pet food could be the perfect solution to pet owners that are out of options when it comes to conventional pet foods.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Kcal information becomes even more important when you’re dealing with an outside-the-box pet food like AvoDerm Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food. This measurement determines how much food your pet should eat in one serving. Natural Vegetarian Canned contains 432 Kcals per can, or 1,170 Kcals per kilogram of product.
AvoDerm Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food costs approximately $24 for a 12 pack of 13 oz. cans of product. However, prices may vary according to region, inflationary factors, and other concerns. It is advisable to run a price analysis in your area to determine the most accurate price point for this food.
|March 29, 2013|
|AvoDerm Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food|
- Water – is of course, nominal from a nutrition standpoint. Water is typically the most prominent ingredient in canned pet foods, so its presence in the number one spot is no surprise.
- Soybean meal – is a high quality protein ingredient, though obviously less ideal than meat. Some critics contend that this kind of bean may cause allergic issues in canines, though opinions vary widely.
- Rice – is a preferred grain ingredient in pet food. It is simple to digest, and more desirable than alternative ingredients like corn or wheat.
- Canola oil – is loaded with omega-3s, and is a highly desirable ingredient.
- Barley – is another grain, high in fiber and beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
Other Ingredients List
- Guar Gum
- Tricalcium Phosphate
- Calcium Carbonate
- Tomato Paste
- Flax Seed
- Dried Kelp
- Potassium Chloride
- Avocado Meal
- Avocado Oil
- Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide)
- Vitamins (Vitamin E, A, B12, D3 Supplements, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement)
- Choline Chloride
According to AvoDerm, Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food meets AAFCO standards for maintaining nutritional levels in canines.
AvoDerm Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food, manufactured in Irvine, CA, is formulated as an alternative food for canines. With that comes advantages and disadvantages. Though canines, in ideal conditions, are primarily meat eaters, some situations require the removal of animal-based proteins in a dog’s diet.
Whether or not you decide to feed your pet AvoDerm Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food depends on your opinion of the main protein ingredient, soy. It is certainly highly regarded as a source of protein, especially when animal proteins are not an option. However, some critics claim that soy causes allergic issues in the same manner as other criticized pet foods like corn and wheat. Dog food researchers are advidesd to review this ingredient further before forming a categorical opinion on soy.
When it comes to pet foods, AvoDerm is likely the only pet food brand to make its reputation on a non-animal ingredient. The “Avo” in AvoDerm stands for avocado, a supplement in every AvoDerm food. The company claims this ingredient, when fed to pets, produces a shinier, healthier coat. AvoDerm has stood behind this ingredient for twenty years, indicating its supreme confidence in non-animal ingredients for optimal pet health.
AvoDerm Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food conatins several desirable supplemental ingredients. Peas are an additional source of protein, also containing lots of fiber. Carrots are regarded as phenomenal sources of protein, facilitating continued eye health. Cranberries and blueberries have been added as well: These super berries are antioxidant-packed free radical killers, facilitating long term health for your pooch. AvoDerm’s famous Vitamin and mineral supplements are present in force as well. Overall, AvoDerm Natural Vegetarian Canned Dog Food appears to be a nutritious, animal-free food for your protein-sensitive pooch.