Basic AvoDerm remains superior dog food, according to the manufacturer of premium pet food products. Its Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food aims to keep standards high, even while the product is designed for a broad spectrum of dog breeds and sizes. Loaded with nutrients and supplements you won’t find in other dog foods, AvoDerm brand Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food remains a cut above, a fantastic food to feed your pet.
- Protein 8.00%
- Fat: 5.50%
- Fiber 1.50% max
- Moisture: 78.0% max
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food’s Kcal numbers aid pet food owners in determining how much product should be served to their pooch. This food contains 539 Kcals per can, or 1,460 Kcals per kilogram.
AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food costs approximately $24 for a 12 pack of 13 oz. Cans, though prices vary according to region.
|March 29, 2013|
|AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food|
- Lamb – is a high quality protein ingredient. It has one drawback, however: It is composed mostly of water. Since water typically accounts for the majority of content in canned pet food, it is difficult to perceive this as problematic.
- Chicken broth – is liquified chicken. This kind of ingredient is mostly water as well.
- Chicken – is another desirable protein component. Chicken is loaded with amino acids.
- Chicken liver – is often considered a high quality protein, sometimes used in canned dog foods as a filler or flavor enhancer.
- Ocean fish – is a very broadly defined ingredient. AvoDerm does not specify what type of fish is included in this food or what parts of the fish were used. It is impossible to determine if this ingredient is suitable for a canine to eat based on AvoDerm’s information.
Other Ingredients List
- Flax Seed
- Guar Gum
- Avocado Meal
- Avocado Oil
- Dried Kelp
- Minerals (Iron Amino Acid Chelate, Zinc Amino Acid Chelate, Cobalt Amino Acid Chelate, Copper Amino Acid Chelate, Manganese Amino Acid Chelate, Sodium Selenite, Potassium Iodide)
- Potassium Chloride
- Vitamins (Vitamin E, A, B12, D3 Supplements, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement)
- Choline Chloride
AvoDerm states that AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food meets AAFCO guidelines for dogs at all life stages, including puppies and senior canines.
AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food, manufactured in Irvine, CA, meets a broad need for pet owners, providing what appear to be above average nutritional components while not sacrificing on essential nutrition. The ingredients list is promising, featuring mostly water and high quality proteins. A diet of lamb, chicken, and ocean fish would be good eating to any dog. The supplemental nutrients are inviting from a health perspective as well. Peas are a high quality protein; while the supplemented “super berries,” cranberries and blueberries, add an antioxidant component that may prevent cancer. AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog Food includes added Vitamins, especially B Vitamins, as well; in addition to a host of chelate minerals and potassium.
AvoDerm’s key ingredient is the inclusion of avocado meal and avocado oil in its products. This vegetable is an essential component to every AvoDerm food. The company claims avocado makes for a shiny, healthy fur coat. Avocado may or may not have those properties. The AvoDerm brand, however, has been around for twenty years, implying that a strong base of satisfied customers has been maintained for decades.
AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog, upon analysis, is designed as a general dog food product for use in just about any breed or size of dog. Its superior nutritional components and apparent careful design imply that AvoDerm Natural Original Formula Canned Dog is a healthy choice for the discriminating pet owner.