Small breed puppies do not have small health needs. Artemis Osopure brand Small Breed Puppy Dry Food is specially formulated with quality ingredients to meet the health needs of puppies. The first few years of a puppy’s life are crucial for establishing a healthy balance for the rest of their lives. Artemis uses all natural ingredients to ensure that your puppy is eating a balanced diet. Fresh fruits, vegetables, vitamins, and minerals are essential nutrition building block which will establish a strong foundation for the rest of their lives.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Artemis Osopure Small Breed Puppy Dry Food contains 387 Kcals per cup.
Artemis Osopure Small Breed Puppy Dry Food costs approximately $32 for a 15 lb. Bag of product. The price you pay might vary according to region or other economic variables.
|March 4, 2013|
|Artemis Osopure Small Breed Puppy Dry Food|
- Chicken – makes the dog food more palatable and is easy for your pet to digest. It also is an additional source of protein.
- Chicken meal – is a product made from various parts of a chicken. It is typically used as a cheaper alternative to chicken meat and may actually be more nutritious than the chicken meat itself.
- Barley – is a source of carbohydrates, B vitamins, and fiber. These elements are a great energy source and contribute to digestive health. A good alternative grain for dogs that are allergic to corn or wheat. In some cases has been known to lower cholesterol.
- Peas – provide a natural source of fiber, potassium, vitamin A, and B vitamins. May be helpful in regulating insulin and glucose levels. They may, however, be difficult for some dogs to digest.
- Rice bran – is the outer husk and germ of a grain of rice. It is a rich source of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber.
Other Ingredients List
- Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)
- Tomato Pomace
- Brewers Yeast
- Flavor Enhancer
- Fish Meal
- Choline Chloride
- Dried Chicory Root
- Green Tea Extract
- Barley Grass Extract
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Iron Proteinate
- Zinc Proteinate
- Copper Proteinate
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Zinc Sulfate
- Copper Sulfate
- Potassium Iodide
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Manganese Proteinate
- Manganous Oxide
- Ascorbic Acid
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Calcium Pantothenate
- Manganese Sulfate
- Sodium Selenite
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Vitamin D Supplement
- Folic Acid
No AAFCO Statement is listed on the manufacturer website for Artemis Osopure Small Breed Puppy Dry Food.
Artemis gives several features which they say set their dog food apart from others on the market. One key area is protein content. The company uses fresh protein from sources that are UDSA inspected sources. These proteins provide the kind of enhanced nutrients and may increase the appeal of the overall flavor. Natural DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) is an Omega 3 acid and has been known to increase brain development and function, especially in younger dogs. Herbs help maintain and promote wellness naturally. As always, Artemis does not add chemicals, preservatives, by-products, or artificial additives to their foods. Review the nutrition panel for a complete ingredient analysis and to determine how much to feed your small breed dog
Artemis is a holistic dog food brand. The company maintains that their pet foods promote a “whole-life” system of pet care. Their foods promote internal health by adding vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins which nourish all parts of your pet’s body. Holistic dog food also contains ingredients that support natural healing and prevent illness through nutrition. In addition to these features, Artemis also includes a healthy amount of vegetables, herbs, fruits, and enzymes to further round out a pet’s nutritional needs. Holistic dog food would be a good option for any dog because as the company states, “everything works better when it’s in balance.”