Active dogs need a food that provides nutrition that keeps up with their active lifestyle. It is important that your dog is getting the proper kind of nutrition and it begins with eating a healthy diet. Artemis Osopure Power Formula Dry Dog Food is specially formulated for dogs with extra active lifestyles. This quality diet promotes muscle mass and energy for higher metabolisms. It is also a good choice to boost the health of dogs in poor health or dogs who are recovering from surgery. Whether performance needs or health needs, Artemis Power Formula may be just the nutrition your pet needs.
Nutritional Content Information
Kcal Information – Calories Per Cup
Artemis Osopure Power Formula Dry Dog Food contains 387 Kcals per cup.
Artemis Osopure Power Formula Dry Dog Food costs approximately $36 for a 20 pound bag, or $63 for a 40 pound bag of product. The price you pay may vary depending on regional and other concerns.
|March 4, 2013|
|Artemis Osopure Power Formula Dry Dog Food|
- Chicken – makes the dog food more palatable and is easy for your pet to digest. It also is an additional source of protein.
- Chicken meal – is a product made from various parts of a chicken. It is typically used as a cheaper alternative to chicken meat and may actually be more nutritious than the chicken meat itself.
- Barley – is a source of carbohydrates, B vitamins, and fiber. These elements are a great energy source and contribute to digestive health. A good alternative grain for dogs that are allergic to corn or wheat. In some cases has been known to lower cholesterol.
- Brown Ricehas a reputation for being an healthy grain and is abundant in minerals, fiber, and B vitamins. Contains complex carbohydrates which provide energy and fiber which promotes digestive health.
- Rice Bran – is the outer husk and germ of a grain of rice. It is a rich source of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, and fiber.
Other Ingredients List
- Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)
- Tomato Pomace
- Brewers Yeast
- Flavor Enhancer
- Fish Meal
- Choline Chloride
- Dried Chicory Root
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride
- Chondroitin Sulfate
- Green Tea Extract
- Barley Grass Extract
- Vitamin E Supplement
- Iron Proteinate
- Zinc Proteinate
- Copper Proteinate
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Zinc Sulfate
- Copper Sulfate
- Potassium Iodide
- Thiamine Mononitrate
- Manganese Proteinate
- Manganous Oxide
- Ascorbic Acid
- Vitamin A Supplement
- Calcium Pantothenate
- Manganese Sulfate
- Sodium Selenite
- Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
- Vitamin B12 Supplement
- Vitamin D Supplement
- Folic Acid
Artemis Osopure Power Formula Dry Dog Food is formulated to meet the AAFCO dog food nutrient profile for all stages of a dog’s life.
Artemis gives several features which they say set their dog food apart from others on the market. One key area is protein content. The company uses fresh protein from sources that are UDSA inspected sources. These proteins provide enhanced nutrients and may increase the appeal of the overall flavor. Natural DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) is an Omega 3 acid and has been known to increase brain development and function, especially in younger dogs. Herbs help maintain and promote wellness naturally. As always, Artemis does not add chemicals, preservatives, by-products, or artificial additives to their foods. Review the nutrition panel for a complete ingredient analysis and to determine how much to feed your small breed dog.
Artemis is a holistic dog food brand. The company maintains that their pet foods promote a “whole-life” system of pet care. Their foods promote internal health by adding vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, fats, and proteins which nourish all parts of your pet’s body. Holistic dog food also contains ingredients that support natural healing and prevent illness through nutrition. In addition to these features, Artemis also includes a healthy amount of vegetables, herbs, fruits, and enzymes to further round out a pet’s nutritional needs. Holistic dog food would be a good option for any dog because as the company states, “everything works better when it’s in balance.”